Happy Friday! Sorry for the lack of blog posts all this week- things have been kind of crazy around here. Last weekend we went to the river (the Colorado river) for some jet-skiing, Sea-doo riding, and wake-boarding fun! Oh, and some guacamole eating too 😉 We got home late Monday night and have been really busy since. So, long story short, posting just didn’t happen. Until now that is!
Did you know that there is a National Eclair Day? I didn’t! June must be the month of “National…Days”. June 1st is National Donut Day. June 3rd is Egg Day. June 6th is National Yo-Yo Day. June 20th is National Flip-Flop Day. June 21st is World Handshake Day. See what I mean? And, of course, June 22nd is National Eclair Day. And I am so excited about it! In honor of this special day, check out this delicious and easy eclair cake recipe.
There’s something about these pictures that absolutely gets to me- they make my mouth water every time I look at them! And I can promise you that the cake is just as delicious as it looks!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 2 small packages vanilla instant pudding
- 3 cup milk
- 8 oz container cool whip for top
- chocolate syrup for drizzling on top, optional
- Strawberry or banana slices to garnish on top, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On low heat in a medium saucepan, melt the butter on low. Add water and bring to a boil. Turn off the burner and add flour, salt, sugar and mix into a softball. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix in with a fork until incorporated. Spray a jelly roll pan or a 9×13 inch pan with cooking spray. Spread the mixture out on the pan. If using a 9×13, slightly bring the mixture up on the sides. Bake for 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven. The crust will bubble up and the edges will turn slightly brown. Let it cool until room temperature.
- For the filling, In a stand mixer or using beaters mix 1 cup of milk with the cream cheese and mix until creamy. Add pudding mix and the rest of the milk and mix well together until creamy.
- Spread over the cooled crust. Spread the cool whip on top of the filling mixture. You can top with fresh strawberry slices or bananas if desired. Drizzle with chocolate syrup if desired.
Cindy & Jordan